CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blue House






The blue house has held many memories, good and bad, for us. I still remember when we found out that Charlie would let us live on the farm. We were so excited, just starting to think about how our life would be together after we got married. As we are just a few days away from moving and leaving the blue house, it is bittersweet for me. This is the place that we came home from our honeymoon as husband and wife :), first time we started our jobs and our life together, we got Bentley, shared so many hardships through Mattie's diagnosis. I will never forget where I was when he called me to tell me that his Dr. had called and told him about his white blood cell counts.I cried as loud as humanly possible, and the blue house was there. It didn't judge me and let me pour my heart out. It happened in the blue house. We also grew so much in the blue house. We learned what it meant to truly follow the Lord's will for our life and prayed that we would be constantly reminded of His love for us. We have taken walks down the driveway, sat on the porch while Mattie smoked many cigars, threw the ball to Bentley, talked about our life goals and dreams... Though I am happy to rid myself of the smelly basement, sooo excited to have a disposal, can't wait to have more than 1 bathroom!, wheel my trash a short distance down the drive, the blue house will always hold a lot of memories. I am so thankful that God blessed us with it and know it was a HUGE burden lifted when we felt like our life stopped.

But it didn't.. and for that I am grateful.

Blue house... I love you!

5 comments:

Suz said...

Your memories of the Blue House made me cry and laugh...
The first part made me cry (the part about Mattie's diagnosis and learning to draw closer to the Lord) and the last part made me laugh (especially, getting rid of the smelly basement and gaining additional bathrooms!!). You are entering a new season together! God bless you! You are LOVED! SUZ

Emily {All You Need is Love} said...

I'm crying and laughing at the same time! I will miss the blue house and can't wait to come visit the new one! Love you and M so much :) Em Sadlow

Em said...

awww thats really sweet aubs! i will miss your house too. i loved it :)

Elliott and Cherry Wood said...

Aww blue house we will miss you too!! But I'm SO SO SO excited for all of the memories that are about to be created in new house in Fredricksburg that I wave to everyday when I pass by the entrance :) love you guys!

Anonymous said...

this makes me cry...God bless the blue house:)